- How should I configure network interface IRQ channels?
/proc/interruptsshows many interrupts for NICs
- Flurries of network activity result in RX dropped packets
- Packet drops on NIC with many RX/TX queues configured per CPU core
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (all versions)
- Hardware platform with NUMA (Non-Uniform Memory Access) Nodes
- Large numbers of CPU cores
- HyperThreading enabled
- Application whose CPU and memory usage is smaller than one NUMA Node
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.