- What is the Red Hat Universal Base Image (UBI)?
- What does the Red Hat Universal Base Image (UBI) include?
- What are the benefits of Red Hat Universal Base Image (UBI)?
- How can a user tell the difference between non-UBI and UBI content and/or packages?
- What are the UBI runtime languages and what are the plans for them?
- Do I need a subscription to use UBI?
- Do I need a RHEL environment to deploy UBI?
- Can I freely distribute applications built on UBI?
- Can I add non-UBI RPMs to a UBI image and still redistribute the resultant container image on a non-Red Hat platform?
- How does UBI impact Container Certification?
- Will UBI receive updates?
- How is UBI supported?
- What is the UBI End User License Agreement (EULA) and where can I find it?
- Does UBI let me distribute my container images anywhere I want?
- What’s the difference between the UBI EULA and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux EULA?
- Red Hat Universal Base Images FAQ
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.