- Our RHEL server runs processes to generate files. The files are stored on a NAS accessed over NFS.
- Our server serves these files to a client via
vsftpd. The speed of the FTP jobs has dropped from 60~70Mbps to ~160kbps.
- We have observed high IO wait and FTP processes in D state for some time.
- Remounting the NFS share results in all clients dropping out and failing, but high speed returns for a short time time.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- RHEL system is NFS client to a NAS filer
- RHEL system is FTP server to external FTP clients
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.