- Our RHEL server runs processes to generate files. The files are stored on a NAS accessed over NFS.
- Our server serves these files to a client via
vsftpd. The speed of the FTP jobs has dropped from 60~70Mbps to ~160kbps.
- We have observed high IO wait and FTP processes in D state for some time.
- Remounting the NFS share results in all clients dropping out and failing, but high speed returns for a short time time.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- RHEL system is NFS client to a NAS filer
- RHEL system is FTP server to external FTP clients
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.