How do I get the no-cost Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Subscription or renew it?
- Red Hat Developer Portal
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Subscription
- How to procure the no-cost Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Subscription.
- How to renew the no-cost Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Subscription.
The no-cost Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Subscription is for development use & testing purpose only and may not be used in production.
When you register on Red Hat Developer Portal, you will be entitled to Red Hat Developer Subscription For Individuals
- Please read the No-cost Red Hat Enterprise Linux Individual Developer Subscription: FAQs document for information for the appropriate scenarios under which one may use the Red Hat Developer Subscription For Individuals subscription.
We recommend you follow our Getting Started Guide which covers downloading and installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux on a physical system or virtual machine (VM) using your choice of VirtualBox, VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, or Linux KVM/Libvirt.
Like the fee-based version, this is a 12 months subscription you will need to renew each year. To renew your no cost Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer subscription, you will need to wait until your current subscription expires.
To renew your subscription, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Log-in to the Red Hat Developer Portal
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions when prompted by the 'Additional Action Required' page. If the 'Additional Action Required' page does not automatically show up, proceed to the Product Download page.
- Select the product & click submit.
You may need to remove and then re-attach your renewed subscription to the system after accepting T&Cs
# subscription-manager remove --all # subscription-manager clean # subscription-manager register # subscription-manager attach --auto
- OpenShift Dev Spaces
- Learn more
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.
this process don't work
Hi Ralph, thank you for your message. I see you current have a Red Hat Developer Subscription for Individuals, expiring 2023-12-14. Please note that it is not possible to renew this particular subscription before its expiration date. Kind Regards, Jana