- File systems became read-only on virtual guests on VMware.
- The read-only filesystem was caused by temporary disconnections to SAN disks, VM crashed. how can we avoid it?
- Read-only filesystem is occurring fairly regularly.
- Root file system went to read only mode in RHEL 4 VM running on VMware and server got panic. Need to reboot the server to overcome the situation, how can we avoid this behavior?
Filesystem went to ready only mode, we had following SCSI I/O error events logged in syslog messages:
kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: timing out command, waited 1080s kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: Unhandled error code kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: SCSI error: return code = 0x06000008 kernel: Result: hostbyte=DID_OK driverbyte=DRIVER_TIMEOUT,SUGGEST_OK
Red Hat Enterprise Linux VMware ESX Guests located on SAN going Read-Only,
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) 4, 5, 6, 7 virtual guest in VMware environment
- VMware ESX/ESXi hypervisor environment
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.