- From the client, the mounted NFSv4 share has ownership for all files and directories listed as
nobody:nobodyinstead of the actual user that owns them on the NFSv4 server, or who created the new file and directory.
- Seeing nobody:nobody permissions on nfsv4 shares on the nfs client. Also seeing the following error in /var/log/messages:
- How to configure Idmapping for NFSv4
nss_getpwnam: name 'firstname.lastname@example.org' does not map into domain 'localdomain'
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- NFSv4 share being exported from an NFSv4 capable NFS server
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.