- From the client, the mounted NFSv4 share has ownership for all files and directories listed as
nobody:nobodyinstead of the actual user that owns them on the NFSv4 server, or who created the new file and directory.
- Seeing nobody:nobody permissions on nfsv4 shares on the nfs client. Also seeing the following error in /var/log/messages:
- How to configure Idmapping for NFSv4
nss_getpwnam: name 'email@example.com' does not map into domain 'localdomain'
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- NFSv4 share being exported from an NFSv4 capable NFS server
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.
Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.