How can I configure my cluster service or resource to activate and monitor shared LVM volumes?
Uncontrolled simultaneous access to shared storage can lead to data corruption. Storage access must be managed like any other active/passive service - it must only be active on a single machine at a time.
Is there a way to configure LVM volumes for active/passive use in a High Availability cluster?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), including
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.5 and later
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 with High Availability or Resilient Storage Add-on
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6 with High Availability or Resilient Storage Add-on
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.5+
- Red Hat High Availability Cluster with 2 or more nodes.
- LVM is to be used in an active/passive manner (only one node will need access to a particular volume at a time)