How do I make a RHEL HA resource non-critical?
- What is the
- Is there a way to configure certain resources as non-critical?
- Can I configure my cluster to attempt to restart failed resources rather than failing the entire service?
- Can I configure my cluster service to not fail if a non-critical resource fails?
- Red Hat Cluster Suite 4+
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5, 6 (with the High Availability Add on) with rgmanager
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6, 7, 8 (with the High Availability Add on) with pacemaker
Cluster service in rgmanager configured with
__independent_subtreeoptions (for example):
<service autostart="1" domain="node2_prefer" name="Service01" recovery="relocate"> <ip ref="10.10.10.12/24"> <script __independent_subtree="2" __max_restarts="3" __restart_expire_time="30" ref="httpd"/> </ip> </service>
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.