- Clients mounting NFS filesystems report stale file handles
- What are some causes of stale file handles and how can they be prevented?
- I am seeing application logs stating read or write operations on an NFS file, or operations on an NFS directory, complete with
errno = 116 (ESTALE)
- Change the file id size from 64-bits to 32-bits in NFS Server, there is
stale file handleerror and below messages in
kernel: NFS: server lhub.nas error: fileid changed kernel: fsid 0:13: expected fileid 0x1015734f5, got 0x15734f5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- NFS (Network File System) version 3 and 4
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.