Active EUS streams:
- All Production 1 Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.x minor releases except 7.0
- What is the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Extended Update Support (EUS) Subscription?
- I want to maintain the Base OS version on minor level only with updates.
Red Hat provides Extended Update Support(EUS) channels for administrators who want to stay with one minor version of the Base OS rather than upgrade to new versions with new packages and new features on production systems. Beginning with the 2013 Pricing and Packaging, the Red Hat Enterprise Linux EUS subscription is included as part of Premium Support, or may be purchased as an add-on subscription with Standard Support.
EUS was first made available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.5 and 5.2 and on only select minor releases thereafter.
EUS will be made available on all Production 1 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 minor releases, except for the transitional release into Production 2. The transitional release and all subsequent releases of RHEL 6 will not be eligible for the EUS Add-on and therefore no bug fixes or security errata will be released for them after the release of the following minor version. To obtain these fixes, the customer must upgrade to the latest release. An alternative solution is to install selective packages from the latest RHEL 6 minor release as described in the article Can I install packages from different versions of RHEL?. Note that all the RHEL 6 minor releases for which EUS is available are listed in the “Extended Update Support” section of the Life Cycle page.
- EUS will be made available on all Production 1 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 minor releases, except for 7.0.
- For additional information on EUS and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Life Cycle including retirement dates, refer to the Life Cycle page.
For information on what is covered in an EUS Subscription, refer to the EUS Package Inclusion List
Currently, EUS is not available for any of the following platforms:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Learn more
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.