- How to password-protect boot menu in RHEL 7 or RHEL 8?
- How to enforce a password for the single user mode?
- How to prevent user from getting into single-user mode or runlevel 1 without a password?
- Goal: a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 or 8 system that requires manual entry of a bootloader password in order to modify kernel parameters. System can boot kernel without the entry of password if no kernel parameters modification
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.