- System can ping with IP but can't ping with hostname
- System doesn't properly configure nameserver info
- Using static network and can't set nameserver information
- Changes to resolv.conf being overwritten between boots
/etc/resolv.confcreated during kickstart install is changed
- Server unaccessible via network after being rebooted
- For some unknown reason the
/etc/resolv.conffile keeps getting wiped clean every other week.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.