- How to setup printer from the command line using lpadmin whose drivers are provided in Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- We need the command syntax to add a print queue that will point to a serial device.
- How do I add printer(s) to my Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS) print server without using any of the GUI tools?
- We have hundreds of CUPS printers currently defined, but are a mix of socket/LPD, printer name/IP, different drivers. We're wanting to standardize our environment and need to change/set the following attributes at the command line if at all possible (I'll be scripting it).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), all versions
- Common Unix Printing System (CUPS)
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.