- What is meant by a "Technology Preview" feature?
- Are "Technology Preview" features supported?
- Can customers file support cases against "Technology Preview" features?
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Red Hat Storage Server for On-Premise
- Red Hat Storage Server for Public Cloud
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV)
Technology Preview features are currently unsupported, may not be functionally complete, and are not suitable for deployment in production. However, these features are provided to the customer as a courtesy and the primary goal is for the feature to gain wider exposure with the goal of full support in the future.
Customers may find these features useful in a non-production environment. Customers are also free to provide feedback and functionality suggestions for a Technology Preview feature before it becomes fully supported. Red Hat Global Support Services may create bug reports on behalf of support cases filed by subscribed customers. These bug reports will then be forwarded to Red Hat Engineering as proposed for inclusion in a future release. Asynchronous security errata are still provided for high severity issues with Red Hat's discretion.
During the development of a Technology Preview feature, additional components may become available to the public for testing. It is the intention of Red Hat to fully support Technology Preview features in a future release.
For additional details please review the following article on the Red Hat Customer Portal.