- ifconfig reports rx drops for servers, physical or VMware guests, after upgrading to RHEL7
ip -s linkand
ifconfigreport the rx_drop* counter increasing but no drops are seen with
ethtool -S ethX
- RHEL7 ifconfig show rx drops while RHEL 6.X guests running on the very same ESX host or cluster show no rx drops
- Any NIC hardware type
- We are using bond interface on MRG 2.3. Suddenly, dropped packets occurs on slave's one of bond interfaces.
- After installing the RT kernel we observed the
rx_droppedcounter increasing for
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat enterprise MRG realtime 2.3 (
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase, tools, and much more.