- Red Hat OpenStack 6.0 7.0
- If I change my packstack IP address will it bring down my environment?
- How can I change my IP address in my packstack setup?
- First change the IP address on the machine in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br-ex.
NAME=<name ONBOOT=yes DEVICE=br-ex DEVICETYPE=ovs BOOTPROTO=static TYPE=OVSBridge DNS=10.11.5.4 IPADDR=10.12.215.210 NETMASK=255.255.252.0 GATEWAY=10.12.215.254 NM_CONTROLLED=no
- Next change all occurrences of the IP in the PackStack answer file.(find and replace is a good tool)
**Snipit** # IP address of the server on which to install OpenStack services # specific to the controller role (for example, API servers or # dashboard). CONFIG_CONTROLLER_HOST=10.12.215.210 # List of IP addresses of the servers on which to install the Compute # service. CONFIG_COMPUTE_HOSTS=10.12.215.210 # List of IP addresses of the server on which to install the network # service such as Compute networking (nova network) or OpenStack # Networking (neutron). CONFIG_NETWORK_HOSTS=10.12.215.210
- Finally re-run PackStack to have the changes made.
- By re-running PackStack the environment will not be wiped out. The new IP changes will be put into place leaving instances,volumes,networks intact.
This solution is part of Red Hat’s fast-track publication program, providing a huge library of solutions that Red Hat engineers have created while supporting our customers. To give you the knowledge you need the instant it becomes available, these articles may be presented in a raw and unedited form.