- My system is experiencing soft-lockups, e.g.
BUG: soft lockup - CPU#3 stuck for 11s! [frob:2342]
- Red Hat Support requests a vmcore from the system at the time of the soft-lockups to aid in the analysis of the underlying problem.
- Monitoring and manual intervention to dump the vmcore during an occurrence by undertaking the methods described in the article What is the Sysrq facility and how do I use it? is not convenient.
- I need to have a vmcore dump generated automatically when a soft-lockup occurs.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 (or newer) - All architectures
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 - All architectures
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 - All architectures
- Soft lockup messages in log files.
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.