- How to backup and restore a whole Red Hat Enterprise Linux system with the dump/restore commands?
- Need to migrate, upgrade, or perform disaster recovery on the OS, how to create a backup image?
- Is it possible to take complete back of OS+ application in RHEL like ignite or system state back up?
The following information has been provided by Red Hat, but is outside the scope of the posted Service Level Agreements and support procedures (Production Support - Red Hat Customer Portal). The information is provided as-is and any configuration settings or installed applications made from the information in this article could make the Operating System unsupported by Red Hat Global Support Services. The intent of this article is to provide information to accomplish the system's needs. Use of the information in this article at the user's own risk.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- ext2, ext3 or ext4 filesystem
- dump and restore
Subscriber exclusive content
A Red Hat subscription provides unlimited access to our knowledgebase of over 48,000 articles and solutions.