Red Hat Training
Red Hat® Training
The Value of Red Hat Training
Red Hat Training's hands-on, task-focused courses help IT professionals and developers build the skills they need to implement real-world changes—better and faster. We've helped nearly two-million students worldwide get the most out of their Red Hat technology deployments. Learn directly from the source and get the most relevant, current, and comprehensive education available anywhere.
Next, prove your or your staff's true capabilities through our Red Hat certification program. All Red Hat certification exams are performance based: candidates for certificaiton must show they can perform tasks similar to those you would find in real-world scenarios.
We offer students and organizations a variety of ways to train, including traditional classroom-based instruction, instructor-led virtual classrooms, self-paced online learning, and private team training.
Watch: Building Expertise
Training and Certification with Global Support Services
In an industry brimming with certifications, what makes Red Hat's different? Watch how training and certification helps Red Hat Global Support Services build expertise.
Voice of the Customer
"Customers recognize the quality of certifications. Whether they're concerned about how we'll handle potentially challenging scenarios, or whether we'll configure their systems properly, they relax when they hear they'll be working with Red Hat certified support professionals. The fact that we have so many RHCEs on staff helps us demonstrate that we have the most skilled technicians and systems administrators in the industry."
—Phil Hopkins, Rackspace Hosting
"The JBoss Training class was delivered using comprehensive use-case scenarios and featured hands-on labs, which provided the skills and knowledge necessary to handle our organization's JBoss workloads. After completing the JBoss Training class, I felt prepared and equipped to maximize our use of JBoss solutions and better understand, maintain, and troubleshoot our middleware environment."
—James Elkins, Team Lead for Middleware, Business Intelligence, and Testing, OIR, State of Tennessee
"The practical, hands-on nature of Red Hat Training courses provided real value to the transition of our team's skills to Linux. All of our system administrators are Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCE)."
—Vinod Kutty, Associate Director, Distributed Computing, CME Group
With more than 30 courses, we deliver training on almost all Red Hat products. Our courses are all lab-based and hands-on, meaning students spend the majority of their class time practicing the same important tasks they'll perform back at their job. Students learn from certified instructors who only teach on topics on which they themselves are experts.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Core System Administration Paths
Red Hat JBoss Training
Courses by Curriculum
- Core System Administration: Courses for systems administrator and engineers
- Advanced System Administration: Master complex planning, deployment, and management solutions
- Cloud Computing, Storage and Virtualization: Support your organizational move to the cloud
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Administration: Deploy, monitor, and manage Red Hat JBoss
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Development: Master applications with labs-intensive courses
- Linux Development: Essentials for programming and developing Linux-based applications
- All 30+ Courses
Red Hat Certifications: Prove Your Skills, Not Just Your Knowledge
Red Hat's performance-based certifications are among the most highly regarded in the IT industry. A Red Hat certification means you've proven your skills by conducting performance-based testing of the tasks you need to perform your job. Red Hat certifications prove that you've mastered key tasks for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat JBoss Middleware, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, and more. Organizations hiring employees, contractors, and consultants can look to Red Hat certifications as input while making hiring, assignment, promotion, and other management decisions. Similarly, individuals who earn these certifications benefit by having official, impartial validation of their skills and knowledge.
Watch: Red Hat Certification
Red Hat Certifications: OpenStack, Cloud, and More
Hear how the Red Hat Certification Program is improving their credentials to now include OpenStack, and learn about new ways to find talent through Certification Central.
Red Hat Offers the Following Certifications to Help You Launch or Advance Your Career
- A Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) demonstrates the core system administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.
- A Red Hat Certified Virtualization Adminstrator (RHCVA) has a system administrator's ability to deploy and manage virtual hosts in production environments using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
- Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCE®) display the knowledge, skills, and ability required of senior system administrators to perform deployments and migrations on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Those with Certificates of Expertise demonstrate advanced or specialized skills in one or more of the following areas: network services security, deployment and systems management, clustering and storage management, performance tuning, directory services and authentication, SELinux policy administration, virtualization, ESB, Persistence, or Seam.
- A Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening means you have the skills necessary to implement server security hardening practices aligned to commonly used security specifications, such as SCAP and PCI.
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) is the most senior-level system administration credential earned by an RHCE. It incorporates the skills and knowledge of a Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialist (RHCDS) with advanced networking services security, system monitoring, and performance tuning.
- A Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS) demonstrates skills in networking services security, directory services, authentication, and SELinux policy management.
- The Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialist (RHCDS) certification can be earned by an RHCE who demonstrates skills that are particularly useful in datacenter environments, such as systems deployment, systems management, clustering, and storage management.
- A Red Hat Certified JBoss Administrator (RHCJA) displays the ability to deploy, implement, and manage Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and its applications.
- A Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer (RHCJD) demonstrates the ability to build Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) applications for deployment on JBoss Enterprise Application Platform or other JEE-compliant platforms.
- An IT professional who has earned the Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack certification has demonstrated the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to create, configure, and manage private clouds using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.
- Those with the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Camel Development demonstrate the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to create and maintain enterprise integration services based on the Red Hat JBoss Fuse Camel framework and APIs.
Need to Get Certified?
Preparing to take or retake an exam? Choose Red Hat Training's Individual Exam Sessions and get:
- Flexible and convenient scheduling
- Hands-on testing
- Extra study time
- Interaction with a remote proctor
Red Hat offers a variety of industry-respected courses, learning styles, delivery methods, and customized solutions to maximize return on your Red Hat enterprise investment.
Live, instructor-led training in a traditional classroom setting.
On-site Team Training
Private group training conducted at your office, in our classroom, or over the internet.
Real-time training conducted by instructors in an online environment.
Red Hat Online Learning
Self-paced, online learning featuring robust content and cloud-based, hands-on labs.
"My job responsibilities include interviewing and working with our recruiting department to ensure we find the best Linux candidates, preferably those with Red Hat certifications."
—Sean Millichamp, 2012 Red Hat Certified Professional of the Year, RHCE—Enterprise Architect, Secure-24
"I think that Red Hat certifications are a differentiator in the market because Red Hat solutions are pretty widespread in the market. And I think being recognized as a specialist in these technologies brings a competitive edge which I think is beneficial to the career of any professional in the area."
—Rafael Guimarães, 2013 Red Hat Certified Professional of the Year, RHCE, RHCJA—Systems Analyst, Petrobras
"The skills I've acquired during my progression through the RHCE and RHCA certifications have enabled Emergent to accelerate its business growth into the open source market."
—Quint Van Deman, 2011 Red Hat Certified Professional of the Year, RHCE, RHCA—Director of Open Source Consulting, Emergent
"To be certified in the most recognized and challenging linux certification in the industry today is one of my biggest professional achievements that I am proud to have."
—Cesar Ryan Mindana, RHCE—Systems Engineer, Singapore leading telecommunications company
Your IT staff is an important asset, and Red Hat is your partner in making your team successful. Red Hat Certified Professionals are proven. They have demonstrated their knowledge and skills in rigorous, hands-on lab-based exams. Let us help you build an effective team that will make the most of your Red Hat subscriptions.
- Find a Red Hat Certified Professional: Search for Red Hat Certified Professionals by location and certification.
- Verify a Red Hat Certified Professional: Check a Certification ID to verify that someone is certified by Red Hat.
- Build and Develop Your Team: Use our skills assessments, flexible training options, and performance-based testing to build a proven team in your organization.
Mobile Course Finder
Looking for information on the go? You can now access all of our information through the mobile course finder.
Taste of Training
Whether you're evaluating a specific training course or are eager to learn something new, the Taste of Training webinar series is your gateway to award-winning Red Hat Training.
- Taste of Training: Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
- Taste of Training: Red Hat System Administration II with RHCSA Exam (RH135)
- Taste of Training: Red Hat System Administration III with RHCSA and RHCE Exams (RH255)
- Taste of Training: RHCSA Rapid Track Course with Exam (RH200)
- Taste of Training: RHCE Rapid Track Course with RHCSA and RHCE Exams (RH300)
- Taste of Training: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Solaris Administrators (RH290)
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to frequently asked questions:
Learn more by checking out these videos: