OpenShift by Red Hat
OpenShift by Red Hat®
OpenShift is Red Hat's Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that allows developers to quickly develop, host, and scale applications in a cloud environment. With OpenShift, you have choice of offerings, including online, on premise, and open source project options.
OpenShift Online Public PaaS
OpenShift Online is Red Hat's public cloud application development and hosting platform that automates the provisioning, management, and scaling of applications so that you can focus on writing the code for your business, startup, or next big idea.
Advantages of OpenShift Online:
- Reduces the time required to build and deploy applications.
- Gives you a wide range of programming languages, frameworks, and runtimes.
- Leverages an open source platform and standards-based components to ensure application portability.
- Integrated development tools to get you started quickly.
OpenShift Enterprise Private PaaS
Many IT organizations are faced with growing business demands and are working to deliver application services faster. With Red Hat's award-winning private PaaS, OpenShift Enterprise, your organization can do just that—develop apps faster to meet the demands of the business.
Advantages of OpenShift Enterprise:
- Gives enterprise IT organizations the ability to implement a private PaaS that keeps you in control.
- Provides application portability and standardized workflows.
- Automatic application-stack provisioning and application scaling.
- Minimized vendor lock-in because it’s built on open source technologies.
Make the Right Choice with OpenShift
Learn about the benefits of OpenShift, see what OpenShift offers, and watch OpenShift in action to see how you can accelerate your app development in this interactive demo. Whether you prefer command line, web console, or working in Eclipse IDE, see how you can create a new application, implement code changes, and push code to production in minutes.Why PaaS and How Does It Work?
In this video, OpenShift evangelist Steve Citron-Pousty begins by explaining PaaS and its benefits to developers. Next, he demonstrates how quick and easy it is to create a WordPress application on OpenShift with an instant application in the web console, and then creates an application through the command line using Python.Introducing Red Hat JBoss xPaaS Services for OpenShift
Senior Director of Product Marketing Mike Piech discusses the latest middleware solution from Red Hat: xPaaS. Topics include differences between other middleware solutions, timeline for availability, and typical use cases for deploying xPaaS solutions.
OpenShift Administrator Resources
- OpenShift Enterprise Administration Virtual (CL280VT)
- OpenShift Enterprise Administration Online (CL280R)
- OpenShift Administrator Guides
OpenShift Reference Architectures
- Deploying and Managing a Private PaaS with OpenShift Enterprise
- OpenShift Enterprise v1.1–Monitoring the PaaS Infrastructure
Already a Red Hat customer?
Want to try it?
Ready to buy a subscription?