- How to subscribe a system to a sub-channel or a child channel using Red Hat Network (RHN) Classic
- How to subscribe a system to a child channel such as "Red Hat Network Tools for RHEL Server"
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Red Hat Network (RHN) Classic
- Use the following steps to add child channels such as Red Hat Application Server, Red Hat Cluster Suite, Red Hat Developer Suite, Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS/ES/WS Extras, and Beta channels.
Log in to RHN.
View the list of Registered systems on RHN Classic.
Click on the desired system's name to view its system profile.
Click on the "Alter Channel Subscriptions" link under "Subscribed Channels", on the left side of the page.
To subscribe or unsubscribe child channels associated with this system, check or uncheck the boxes next to the desired channels, and click the "Change Subscriptions" button.
- To verify that the child channel is now associated with the system, run the command "up2date --show-channels" (for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and earlier) or "yum repolist" (for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and later) on the system.
- For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and earlier:
# up2date --show-channels rhel-i386-as-3 rhel-i386-as-3-extras rhel-i386-as-3-cluster rhel-3-as-i386-rhaps-1 rhel-3-as-i386-rhds-2
- For Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and above:
# yum repolist repo id repo name status rhel-x86_64-server-5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux (v. 5 for 64-bi enabled : 6,731 rhel-x86_64-server-f RHEL FasTrack (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64) enabled : 3 rhel-x86_64-server-v RHEL Virtualization (v. 5 for 64-bit x86 enabled : 168 rhn-tools-rhel-x86_6 Red Hat Network Tools for RHEL Server (v enabled : 385
If the system profile is not visible in Red Hat Network, see I have registered a system to Red Hat Network (RHN), but I can't find it under the "Systems" tab after logging in
For systems using Red Hat Subscription Manager (RHSM) instead of Red Hat Network Classic, see How do I enable a repository using Red Hat Subscription Manager (RHSM)?
Child channels will only be available based on active subscriptions in the account. Refer to the Channels tab to list software channels currently available to the account.