RHSA-2023:4910 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.7.4 zip release is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9, and Windows Server.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this release as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Web Server is a fully integrated and certified set of components for hosting Java web applications. It is comprised of the Apache Tomcat Servlet container, JBoss HTTP Connector (mod_cluster), the PicketLink Vault extension for Apache Tomcat, and the Tomcat Native library.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.7.4 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.7.3. This release includes bug fixes, enhancements and component upgrades, which are documented in the Release Notes, linked to in the References section.
- apr: integer overflow/wraparound in apr_encode (CVE-2022-24963)
- apr: Windows out-of-bounds write in apr_socket_sendv function (CVE-2022-28331)
- tomcat: Apache Commons FileUpload: FileUpload DoS with excessive parts (CVE-2023-24998)
- jws5-tomcat: tomcat: not including the secure attribute causes information disclosure (CVE-2023-28708)
- tomcat: Fix for CVE-2023-24998 was incomplete (CVE-2023-28709)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- JBoss Enterprise Web Server Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 2169465 - CVE-2022-24963 apr: integer overflow/wraparound in apr_encode
- BZ - 2172298 - CVE-2023-24998 Apache Commons FileUpload: FileUpload DoS with excessive parts
- BZ - 2172556 - CVE-2022-28331 apr: Windows out-of-bounds write in apr_socket_sendv function
- BZ - 2180856 - CVE-2023-28708 tomcat: not including the secure attribute causes information disclosure
- BZ - 2210321 - CVE-2023-28709 tomcat: Fix for CVE-2023-24998 was incomplete