RHSA-2023:4612 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat support for Spring Boot provides an application platform that reduces the complexity of developing and operating applications (monoliths and microservices) for OpenShift as a containerized platform.
This release of Red Hat support for Spring Boot 2.7.13 serves as a replacement for Red Hat support for Spring Boot 2.7.12, and includes security, bug fixes and enhancements. For more information, see the release notes linked in the References section.
- snakeyaml: Constructor Deserialization Remote Code Execution (CVE-2022-1471)
- undertow: Infinite loop in SslConduit during close (CVE-2023-1108)
- springframework: Security Bypass With Un-Prefixed Double Wildcard Pattern (CVE-2023-20860)
- jackson-databind: Possible DoS if using JDK serialization to serialize JsonNode (CVE-2021-46877)
- springframework: Spring Expression DoS Vulnerability (CVE-2023-20861)
- reactor-netty-http: Log request headers in some cases of invalid HTTP requests (CVE-2022-31684)
- tomcat: JsonErrorReportValve injection (CVE-2022-45143)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to: https://access.redhat.com/articles/11258
- Red Hat Openshift Application Runtimes Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 2141353 - CVE-2022-31684 reactor-netty-http: Log request headers in some cases of invalid HTTP requests
- BZ - 2150009 - CVE-2022-1471 SnakeYaml: Constructor Deserialization Remote Code Execution
- BZ - 2158695 - CVE-2022-45143 tomcat: JsonErrorReportValve injection
- BZ - 2174246 - CVE-2023-1108 Undertow: Infinite loop in SslConduit during close
- BZ - 2180528 - CVE-2023-20860 springframework: Security Bypass With Un-Prefixed Double Wildcard Pattern
- BZ - 2180530 - CVE-2023-20861 springframework: Spring Expression DoS Vulnerability
- BZ - 2185707 - CVE-2021-46877 jackson-databind: Possible DoS if using JDK serialization to serialize JsonNode