RHSA-2023:3421 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.7.3 zip release is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9, and Windows Server.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this release as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Web Server is a fully integrated and certified set of components for hosting Java web applications. It is comprised of the Apache Tomcat Servlet container, JBoss HTTP Connector (mod_cluster), the PicketLink Vault extension for Apache Tomcat, and the Tomcat Native library.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.7.3 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.7.2. This release includes bug fixes, enhancements and component upgrades, which are documented in the Release Notes, linked to in the References.
- openssl: X.400 address type confusion in X.509 GeneralName (CVE-2023-0286)
- openssl: timing attack in RSA Decryption implementation (CVE-2022-4304)
- openssl: double free after calling PEM_read_bio_ex (CVE-2022-4450)
- openssl: use-after-free following BIO_new_NDEF (CVE-2023-0215)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- JBoss Enterprise Web Server Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 2164440 - CVE-2023-0286 openssl: X.400 address type confusion in X.509 GeneralName
- BZ - 2164487 - CVE-2022-4304 openssl: timing attack in RSA Decryption implementation
- BZ - 2164492 - CVE-2023-0215 openssl: use-after-free following BIO_new_NDEF
- BZ - 2164494 - CVE-2022-4450 openssl: double free after calling PEM_read_bio_ex
- JWS-2933 - Update openssl from JBCS to versions from 2.4.51-SP2