RHSA-2023:1896 - Security Advisory
Critical: Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management 2.5 hotfix security update for console
Security Advisory: Critical
Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes hotfix security update for console
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score,
which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability
from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
- CVE-2023-29017 vm2: Sandbox Escape
- CVE-2023-29199 vm2: Sandbox Escape
- CVE-2023-30547 vm2: Sandbox Escape when exception sanitation
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied, and that you are running Red Hat
Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes version 2.5.7.
See https://access.redhat.com/solutions/7007647 for instructions on how to apply this hotfix, as well as for information about when the hotfix has been
superseded by a permanent fix and should be removed.
Important: This hotfix is a temporary fix that will be supported until 30 days after the date when the next patch release of the product is released. After the 30-day period ends, you must either update to the latest patch release and remove this hotfix to continue receiving security updates and maintain support or upgrade to a newer feature release of the product.
- Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes 2 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 2185374 - CVE-2023-29017 vm2: sandbox escape
- BZ - 2187409 - CVE-2023-29199 vm2: Sandbox Escape
- BZ - 2187608 - CVE-2023-30547 vm2: Sandbox Escape when exception sanitization
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.