RHSA-2023:0713 - Security Advisory
Important: Red Hat Data Grid 8.4.1 security update
Security Advisory: Important
An update for Red Hat Data Grid 8 is now available.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Data Grid is an in-memory, distributed, NoSQL datastore solution. It increases application response times and allows for dramatically improving performance while providing availability, reliability, and elastic scale.
Data Grid 8.4.1 replaces Data Grid 8.4.0 and includes bug fixes and enhancements. Find out more about Data Grid 8.4.1 in the Release Notes.
- mina-sshd: Java unsafe deserialization vulnerability [jdg-8] (CVE-2022-45047)
- file-type: a malformed MKV file could cause the file type detector to get caught in an infinite loop [jdg-8] (CVE-2022-36313)
- loader-utils: loader-utils:Regular expression denial of service [jdg-8] (CVE-2022-37603)
- codec-haproxy: HAProxyMessageDecoder Stack Exhaustion DoS [jdg-8] (CVE-2022-41881)
- jackson-databind: deep wrapper array nesting wrt UNWRAP_SINGLE_VALUE_ARRAYS [jdg-8] (CVE-2022-42003)
- jackson-databind: use of deeply nested arrays [jdg-8] (CVE-2022-42004)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
To install this update, do the following:
1. Download the Data Grid 8.4.1 Server patch from the customer portal[²].
2. Back up your existing Data Grid installation. You should back up databases, configuration files, and so on.
3. Install the Data Grid 8.4.1 Server patch.
4. Restart Data Grid to ensure the changes take effect.
For more information about Data Grid 8.4.1, refer to the 8.4.1 Release Notes[³]
- Red Hat JBoss Data Grid Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 2135244 - CVE-2022-42003 jackson-databind: deep wrapper array nesting wrt UNWRAP_SINGLE_VALUE_ARRAYS
- BZ - 2135247 - CVE-2022-42004 jackson-databind: use of deeply nested arrays
- BZ - 2140597 - CVE-2022-37603 loader-utils:Regular expression denial of service
- BZ - 2145194 - CVE-2022-45047 mina-sshd: Java unsafe deserialization vulnerability
- BZ - 2153379 - CVE-2022-41881 codec-haproxy: HAProxyMessageDecoder Stack Exhaustion DoS
- BZ - 2159682 - CVE-2022-36313 file-type: a malformed MKV file could cause the file type detector to get caught in an infinite loop
The Red Hat security contact is email@example.com. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.