RHSA-2023:0692 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
OpenShift API for Data Protection (OADP) 1.0.7 is now available.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenShift API for Data Protection (OADP) enables you to back up and restore application resources, persistent volume data, and internal container images to external backup storage. OADP enables both file system-based and snapshot-based backups for persistent volumes.
Security Fix(es) from Bugzilla:
- golang: golang.org/x/text/language: ParseAcceptLanguage takes a long time to parse complex tags (CVE-2022-32149)
- golang: net/http: An attacker can cause excessive memory growth in a Go server accepting HTTP/2 requests (CVE-2022-41717)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- OpenShift API for Data Protection 1 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 2134010 - CVE-2022-32149 golang: golang.org/x/text/language: ParseAcceptLanguage takes a long time to parse complex tags
- BZ - 2161274 - CVE-2022-41717 golang: net/http: An attacker can cause excessive memory growth in a Go server accepting HTTP/2 requests
- MIG-1050 - Keep the annotation "pv.kubernetes.io/provisioned-by"
- OADP-1180 - [OADP] Backup get stuck at Inprogress status, as velero pod is getting restarted due to fatal error