RHSA-2023:0450 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.12.1 is now available with updates to packages and images that fix several bugs and add enhancements.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private cloud deployments.
- aws-efs-utils: Race condition during concurrent TLS mounts in efs-utils and aws-efs-csi-driver (CVE-2022-46174)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.12 see the following documentation, which will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata update:
You can download the oc tool and use it to inspect release image metadata for x86_64, s390x, ppc64le, and aarch64 architectures. The image digests can be found at https://quay.io/repository/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release?tab=tags.
The sha values for the release are:
(For x86_64 architecture)
The image digest is sha256:a4838c937bbf0902a836107476f6167e47b0340b2ad2444937c69a0a8409f896
(For s390x architecture)
The image digest is sha256:60cc442c026a55ef520ef19ba11da429b78679f03d5a06ea5c17e8f9a05a7144
(For ppc64le architecture)
The image digest is sha256:069f53c782593281f74815801a114acd53aecba0ab80525792fd98903b2aec09
(For aarch64 architecture)
The image digest is sha256:112cec5d4cde792aa3c2cf0fb8c2761fbe3e2281b433b9128c2cb23188b2effe
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.12 users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages and images when they are available in the appropriate release channel. To check for available updates, use the OpenShift CLI (oc) or web console. Instructions for upgrading a cluster are available at https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/4.12/updating/updating-cluster-cli.html
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.12 for RHEL 9 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.12 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.12 for RHEL 9 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.12 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.12 for RHEL 9 s390x
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.12 for RHEL 8 s390x
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for ARM 64 4.12 for RHEL 9 aarch64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for ARM 64 4.12 for RHEL 8 aarch64
- BZ - 2158266 - CVE-2022-46174 aws-efs-utils: Race condition during concurrent TLS mounts in efs-utils and aws-efs-csi-driver
- OCPBUGS-5385 - Multiple times switching slave port to fault causes the port state to remain in HOLDOVER
- OCPBUGS-5551 - NFD topologyupdater functionality missing on OCP 4.12 when deploying NFD from bundle