RHSA-2023:0389 - Security Advisory
Moderate: OpenJDK 17.0.6 Security Update for Portable Linux Builds
Security Advisory: Moderate
The Red Hat build of OpenJDK 17 (java-17-openjdk) is now available for portable Linux.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The OpenJDK 17 packages provide the OpenJDK 17 Java Runtime Environment and the OpenJDK 17 Java Software Development Kit.
This release of the Red Hat build of OpenJDK 17 (17.0.6) for portable Linux serves as a replacement for the Red Hat build of OpenJDK 17 (17.0.5) and includes security and bug fixes, and enhancements. For further information, refer to the release notes linked to in the References section.
- OpenJDK: handshake DoS attack against DTLS connections (CVE-2023-21835)
- OpenJDK: soundbank URL remote loading (CVE-2023-21843)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- OpenJDK Java (for Middleware) 1 x86_64
- BZ - 2160421 - CVE-2023-21835 OpenJDK: handshake DoS attack against DTLS connections (JSSE, 8287411)
- BZ - 2160475 - CVE-2023-21843 OpenJDK: soundbank URL remote loading (Sound, 8293742)
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.