RHSA-2023:0354 - Security Advisory
Moderate: OpenJDK 8u362 Windows Security Update
Security Advisory: Moderate
The Red Hat build of OpenJDK 8 (java-1.8.0-openjdk) is now available for Windows.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The OpenJDK 8 packages provide the OpenJDK 8 Java Runtime Environment and the OpenJDK 8 Java Software Development Kit.
This release of the Red Hat build of OpenJDK 8 (8u362) for Windows serves as a replacement for the Red Hat build of OpenJDK 8 (8u352) and includes security and bug fixes, and enhancements. For further information, refer to the release notes linked to in the References section.
- OpenJDK: improper restrictions in CORBA deserialization (CVE-2023-21830)
- OpenJDK: soundbank URL remote loading (CVE-2023-21843)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgements, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- OpenJDK Java (for Middleware) 1 x86_64
- BZ - 2160475 - CVE-2023-21843 OpenJDK: soundbank URL remote loading (Sound, 8293742)
- BZ - 2160490 - CVE-2023-21830 OpenJDK: improper restrictions in CORBA deserialization (Serialization, 8285021)
The Red Hat security contact is email@example.com. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.