RHSA-2022:9111 - Security Advisory
Important: OpenShift Container Platform 4.9.54 bug fix and security update
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.9.54 is now available with updates to packages and images that fix several bugs and add enhancements.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private cloud deployments.
This advisory contains the container images for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.9.54. See the following advisory for the RPM packages for this release:
Space precludes documenting all of the container images in this advisory. See the following Release Notes documentation, which will be updated shortly for this release, for details about these changes:
- go-getter: command injection vulnerability (CVE-2022-26945)
- go-getter: unsafe download (issue 1 of 3) (CVE-2022-30321)
- go-getter: unsafe download (issue 2 of 3) (CVE-2022-30322)
- go-getter: unsafe download (issue 3 of 3) (CVE-2022-30323)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.9 see the following documentation, which will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata update:
You may download the oc tool and use it to inspect release image metadata for x86_64, s390x, ppc64le, and aarch64 architectures.
The image digests may be found at https://quay.io/repository/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release?tab=tags
The sha values for the release are:
(For x86_64 architecture)
The image digest is sha256:d5d2fc3712401ad9e8f2a678d19930c4047087f777dbbcf2da86db9113e40aa3
(For s390x architecture)
The image digest is sha256:77174af59022cd7db3b6b9b0f7de951f4988ab2597562a5431bda4fccbd0bc48
(For ppc64le architecture)
The image digest is sha256:e7a767237c8c74ef880e97a6dab2457f41bd28c8378d0a8d88465a7048376b85
(For aarch64 architecture)
The image digest is sha256:c895e04607cff5788d49e383f181fa5ab0411377a05ec721df4d4cae76f81a1b
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.9 users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages and images when they are available in the appropriate release channel. To check for available updates, use the OpenShift Console or the CLI oc command. Instructions for upgrading a cluster are available at https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/4.9/updating/updating-cluster-cli.html
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.9 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.9 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.9 for RHEL 8 s390x
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for ARM 64 4.9 aarch64
- BZ - 2092918 - CVE-2022-30321 go-getter: unsafe download (issue 1 of 3)
- BZ - 2092923 - CVE-2022-30322 go-getter: unsafe download (issue 2 of 3)
- BZ - 2092925 - CVE-2022-30323 go-getter: unsafe download (issue 3 of 3)
- BZ - 2092928 - CVE-2022-26945 go-getter: command injection vulnerability
- BZ - 2104482 - ClusterQuotaAdmission received non-meta object - message constantly reported in OpenShift Container Platform 4.7
- OCPBUGS-1246 - [4.9] Baremetal Provisioning fails on HP Gen9 systems due to eTag handling
- OCPBUGS-2718 - Devfile Catalog and Import a Devfile on a fully disconnected cluster should fail directly instead of timeout after 30sec
- OCPBUGS-3854 - [4.9][Dual Stack] ovn-ipsec crashlooping due to cert signing issues
- OCPBUGS-3969 - must-gather namespace should have ?privileged? warn and audit pod security labels besides enforce
- OCPBUGS-4788 - [4.9] Ipsec pods restart due to liveness probes fail in cluster with more than 150 +
- OCPBUGS-4881 - [release-4.9] openshift-ingress-operator with mTLS does not download CRL
- OCPBUGS-4948 - OLM generates invalid component selector labels
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.