RHSA-2022:7273 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.7.0 release and security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.7.0 zip release is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, and Microsoft Windows.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this release as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Web Server is a fully integrated and certified set of components for hosting Java web applications. It is comprised of the Apache Tomcat Servlet container, JBoss HTTP Connector (mod_cluster), the PicketLink Vault extension for Apache Tomcat, and the Tomcat Native library.
This release of Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.7.0 serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Web Server 5.6.1. This release includes bug fixes, enhancements and component upgrades, which are documented in the Release Notes, linked to in the References.
- cxf: OAuth 2 authorization service vulnerable to DDos attacks (CVE-2021-22696)
- CXF: Denial of service vulnerability in parsing JSON via JsonMapObjectReaderWriter (CVE-2021-30468)
- tomcat: local privilege escalation vulnerability (CVE-2022-23181)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link for the update. You must be logged in to download the update.
- JBoss Enterprise Web Server Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1946341 - CVE-2021-22696 cxf: OAuth 2 authorization service vulnerable to DDos attacks
- BZ - 1973392 - CVE-2021-30468 CXF: Denial of service vulnerability in parsing JSON via JsonMapObjectReaderWriter
- BZ - 2047417 - CVE-2022-23181 tomcat: local privilege escalation vulnerability
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.