RHSA-2022:5758 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
The Red Hat build of OpenJDK 17 (java-17-openjdk) is now available for portable Linux.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The OpenJDK 17 packages provide the OpenJDK 17 Java Runtime Environment and the OpenJDK 17 Java Software Development Kit.
This release of the Red Hat build of OpenJDK 17 (17.0.4) for portable Linux
serves as a replacement for the Red Hat build of OpenJDK 17 (17.0.3) and
includes security and bug fixes, and enhancements. For further information,
refer to the release notes linked to in the References section.
- OpenJDK: class compilation issue (Hotspot, 8281859) (CVE-2022-21540)
- OpenJDK: improper restriction of MethodHandle.invokeBasic() (Hotspot, 8281866) (CVE-2022-21541)
- OpenJDK: integer truncation issue in Xalan (JAXP, 8285407) (CVE-2022-34169)
- OpenJDK: random exponentials issue (Libraries, 8283875) (CVE-2022-21549)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
- Red Hat builds of OpenJDK now identify themselves as such in the version output of OpenJDK tools.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously-released errata relevant to your system have been applied.
For details on how to apply this update, refer to:
- OpenJDK Java (for Middleware) 1 x86_64
- BZ - 2108540 - CVE-2022-21540 OpenJDK: class compilation issue (Hotspot, 8281859)
- BZ - 2108543 - CVE-2022-21541 OpenJDK: improper restriction of MethodHandle.invokeBasic() (Hotspot, 8281866)
- BZ - 2108547 - CVE-2022-21549 OpenJDK: random exponentials issue (Libraries, 8283875)
- BZ - 2108554 - CVE-2022-34169 OpenJDK: integer truncation issue in Xalan-J (JAXP, 8285407)
OpenJDK Java (for Middleware) 1