RHSA-2022:5678 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for imgbased, redhat-release-virtualization-host, and redhat-virtualization-host is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: redhat-release-virtualization-host (4.5.1), redhat-virtualization-host (4.5.1), redhat-virtualization-host-productimg (4.5.1). (BZ#2062192, BZ#2070869, BZ#2094682)
- kernel: buffer overflow in IPsec ESP transformation code (CVE-2022-27666)
- grub2: Integer underflow in grub_net_recv_ip4_packets (CVE-2022-28733)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
- RHV-H 4.4 SP1 Has been rebased on RHEL 8.6 Batch #1 (BZ#2070869)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 2061633 - CVE-2022-27666 kernel: buffer overflow in IPsec ESP transformation code
- BZ - 2070869 - Rebase RHV-H 4.4 SP1 on RHEL 22.214.171.124
- BZ - 2083339 - CVE-2022-28733 grub2: Integer underflow in grub_net_recv_ip4_packets
- BZ - 2097627 - Upgrade redhat-release-virtualization-host to 4.5.1
- BZ - 2103984 - when upgrade RHVH from 4.5.0 to 4.5.1 via engine, "no updates found" is shown when checking for updates
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8