RHSA-2022:5101 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat AMQ Broker 7.10.0 is now available from the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
AMQ Broker is a high-performance messaging implementation based on ActiveMQ Artemis. It uses an asynchronous journal for fast message persistence, and supports multiple languages, protocols, and platforms.
This release of Red Hat AMQ Broker 7.10.0 serves as a replacement for Red Hat AMQ Broker 7.9.4, and includes security and bug fixes, and enhancements. For further information, refer to the release notes linked to in the References section.
- nodejs-lodash: prototype pollution in defaultsDeep function leading to modifying properties (CVE-2019-10744)
- amq: AMQ Broker Operator ClusterWide Edit Permissions Due Token Exposure (CVE-2022-1833)
- jackson-databind: denial of service via a large depth of nested objects (CVE-2020-36518)
- AMQ Broker: Malformed message can result in partial DoS (OOM) (CVE-2021-4040)
- netty: control chars in header names may lead to HTTP request smuggling (CVE-2021-43797)
- artemis-commons: Apache ActiveMQ Artemis DoS (CVE-2022-23913)
- springframework: Spring Framework: Data Binding Rules Vulnerability (CVE-2022-22968)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1739497 - CVE-2019-10744 nodejs-lodash: prototype pollution in defaultsDeep function leading to modifying properties
- BZ - 2028254 - CVE-2021-4040 AMQ Broker: Malformed message can result in partial DoS (OOM)
- BZ - 2031958 - CVE-2021-43797 netty: control chars in header names may lead to HTTP request smuggling
- BZ - 2063601 - CVE-2022-23913 artemis-commons: Apache ActiveMQ Artemis DoS
- BZ - 2064698 - CVE-2020-36518 jackson-databind: denial of service via a large depth of nested objects
- BZ - 2075441 - CVE-2022-22968 Spring Framework: Data Binding Rules Vulnerability
- BZ - 2089406 - CVE-2022-1833 amq: AMQ Broker Operator ClusterWide Edit Permissions Due Token Exposure