RHSA-2022:4931 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
Updated RHV-M Appliance packages that fix several bugs and add various enhancements are now available.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The RHV-M Appliance automates the process of installing and configuring the Red Hat Virtualization Manager. The appliance is available to download as an OVA file from the Customer Portal.
- postgresql: memory disclosure in certain queries (CVE-2021-3677)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
- RHV-M Appliance rebased on RHEL 8.6 (BZ#1997073)
- Previously, a self-hosted engine deployment failed when an OpenSCAP security profile was applied, resulting in the SSH key permissions being changed to 0640. In this release, the permissions are not changed and the deployment succeeds. (BZ#2011309)
- rng-tools, rsyslog-gnutls, usbguard packages added to the RHV-M Appliance to comply with DISA-STIG profile requirements (BZ#2070963)
- OVA package manifest added to the RHV-M Appliance RPM. (BZ#2070980)
- Previously, the nodejs package was downgraded during the RHV-M installation.
In this release, the correct version of the nodejs package is installed and maintained. (BZ#2075852)
- RHV-M Appliance rebased on Ceph 4.3 (BZ#2090137)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1958396 - RHV installation process downgrades some packages
- BZ - 1997073 - Rebase RHV-M Appliance on RHEL 8.6.0
- BZ - 2001857 - CVE-2021-3677 postgresql: memory disclosure in certain queries
- BZ - 2011309 - sshd service fails to start after rebooting to apply FIPS settings
- BZ - 2050071 - Use authselect in RHV-H and appliance images
- BZ - 2056146 - Hosted engine deployed failed since no enabled repositories can be found for engine setup.
- BZ - 2070963 - Include packages needed by DISA STIG
- BZ - 2070980 - [RFE] Include a manifest in the rpm
- BZ - 2073965 - [Hosted Engine]Error message "Destination directory /etc/fapolicyd/rules.d does not exist" is displayed but it is existed
- BZ - 2075852 - nodejs module not enabled causes nodejs downgrade to version 10
- BZ - 2090137 - Rebase rhvm-appliance on ceph 4.3
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8