RHSA-2022:2283 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.9.35 is now available with
updates to packages and images that fix several bugs and add enhancements.
This release includes a security update for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.9.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing
Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private
This advisory contains the container images for Red Hat OpenShift Container
Platform 4.9.35. See the following advisory for the RPM packages for this
Space precludes documenting all of the container images in this advisory.
See the following Release Notes documentation, which will be updated
shortly for this release, for details about these changes:
- openshift/router: route hijacking attack via crafted HAProxy
configuration file (CVE-2022-1677)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS
score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE
listed in the References section.
You may download the oc tool and use it to inspect release image metadata as follows:
(For x86_64 architecture)
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.9.35-x86_64
The image digest is sha256:d617e6436691f002da49503aeeba84028846c50793115ee2ab6e040eb3713ce7
(For s390x architecture)
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.9.35-s390x
The image digest is sha256:f05ede0fa8e8323fd2cab1e163c7b626cacb3d68fa83148bfc1d703ce75cb84b
(For ppc64le architecture)
$ oc adm release info quay.io/openshift-release-dev/ocp-release:4.9.35-ppc64le
The image digest is sha256:a7e4d1af6fee3173d4c5d6f15fbbbd6040498507453a38cc782c2425281da412
All OpenShift Container Platform 4.9 users are advised to upgrade to these updated packages and images when they are available in the appropriate release channel. To check for available updates, use the OpenShift Console or the CLI oc command. Instructions for upgrading a cluster are available
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.9 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how
to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata update:
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.9 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.9 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.9 for RHEL 8 s390x
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for ARM 64 4.9 aarch64
- BZ - 2024491 - concurrent CRD from ovirt-csi-driver-operator gets reconciled by CVO after deployment, changing CR as well.
- BZ - 2046016 - SnapShot with Disk Hot-plug hangs
- BZ - 2048631 - missing volumes list in snapshot modal
- BZ - 2068084 - cluster-etcd-operator - disable defrag-controller as there is unpredictable impact on large OpenShift Container Platform 4 - Cluster
- BZ - 2075704 - FailedMount MountVolume.SetUp failed for volume "kube-api-access" : object "openshift-kube-scheduler"/"kube-root-ca.crt" not registered
- BZ - 2076211 - CVE-2022-1677 openshift/router: route hijacking attack via crafted HAProxy configuration file
- BZ - 2079231 - Namespace column provide wrong data in ClusterRole Details -> Rolebindings tab
- BZ - 2082316 - Update owners for openshift/cluster-etcd-operator
- BZ - 2083467 - (release-4.9) disconnected insights operator remains degraded after editing pull secret
- BZ - 2083482 - Avoid update races between old and new NTO operands during cluster upgrades
- BZ - 2088319 - Redfish set boot device failed for node in OCP 4.9 latest RC