RHSA-2022:1110 - Security Advisory
Moderate: Red Hat Decision Manager 7.12.1 security update
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for Red Hat Decision Manager.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat Decision Manager is an open source decision management platform that combines business rules management, complex event processing, Decision Model & Notation (DMN) execution, and Business Optimizer for solving planning problems. It automates business decisions and makes that logic available to the entire business.
This release of Red Hat Decision Manager 7.12.1 serves as an update to Red Hat Decision Manager 7.12.0, and includes bug fixes and enhancements, which are documented in the Release Notes document linked to in the References.
- commons-io: apache-commons-io: Limited path traversal in Apache Commons IO 2.2 to 2.6 (CVE-2021-29425)
- jdom: XXE allows attackers to cause a DoS via a crafted HTTP request (CVE-2021-33813)
- logback-classic: logback: remote code execution through JNDI call from within its configuration file (CVE-2021-42550)
- netty: Information disclosure via the local system temporary directory (CVE-2021-21290)
- springframework: malicious input leads to insertion of additional log entries (CVE-2021-22096)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For on-premise installations, before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
It is recommended to halt the server by stopping the JBoss Application Server process before installing this update; after installing the update, restart the server by starting the JBoss Application Server process.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1927028 - CVE-2021-21290 netty: Information disclosure via the local system temporary directory
- BZ - 1948752 - CVE-2021-29425 apache-commons-io: Limited path traversal in Apache Commons IO 2.2 to 2.6
- BZ - 1973413 - CVE-2021-33813 jdom: XXE allows attackers to cause a DoS via a crafted HTTP request
- BZ - 2033560 - CVE-2021-42550 logback: remote code execution through JNDI call from within its configuration file
- BZ - 2034584 - CVE-2021-22096 springframework: malicious input leads to insertion of additional log entries
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.