RHSA-2022:0507 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
An update is now available for Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization is a lean data integration solution that provides easy, real-time, and unified data access across disparate sources to multiple applications and users. JBoss Data Virtualization makes data spread across physically distinct systems - such as multiple databases, XML files, and even Hadoop systems - appear as a set of tables in a local database.
This Service Pack release of Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization 6.4.8.SP2 (Service Pack 2) serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization 6.4.8 and Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization 6.4.8.SP1, and mitigates the impact of the log4j CVE's referenced in this document by removing the affected classes from the patch.
Note: customers should update their EAP 6.4 installation with the corresponding security fixes that have been released for that (see RHSA-2022:0437 and https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/625683)
- log4j: deserialization of untrusted data in SocketServer (CVE-2019-17571)
- log4j: SQL injection in Log4j 1.x when application is configured to use JDBCAppender (CVE-2022-23305)
- log4j: Unsafe deserialization flaw in Chainsaw log viewer (CVE-2022-23307)
- log4j: Remote code execution in Log4j 1.x when application is configured to use JMSAppender (CVE-2021-4104)
- log4j: Remote code execution in Log4j 1.x when application is configured to use JMSSink (CVE-2022-23302)
- log4j: improper validation of certificate with host mismatch in SMTP appender (CVE-2020-9488)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1785616 - CVE-2019-17571 log4j: deserialization of untrusted data in SocketServer
- BZ - 1831139 - CVE-2020-9488 log4j: improper validation of certificate with host mismatch in SMTP appender
- BZ - 2031667 - CVE-2021-4104 log4j: Remote code execution in Log4j 1.x when application is configured to use JMSAppender
- BZ - 2041949 - CVE-2022-23302 log4j: Remote code execution in Log4j 1.x when application is configured to use JMSSink
- BZ - 2041959 - CVE-2022-23305 log4j: SQL injection in Log4j 1.x when application is configured to use JDBCAppender
- BZ - 2041967 - CVE-2022-23307 log4j: Unsafe deserialization flaw in Chainsaw log viewer