RHSA-2022:0138 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat AMQ Streams 2.0.0 is now available from the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat AMQ Streams, based on the Apache Kafka project, offers a distributed backbone that allows microservices and other applications to share data with extremely high throughput and extremely low latency.
This release of Red Hat AMQ Streams 2.0.0 serves as a replacement for Red Hat AMQ Streams 1.8.4, and includes security and bug fixes, and enhancements.
- jetty: crafted URIs allow bypassing security constraints (CVE-2021-34429)
- netty-codec: Bzip2Decoder doesn't allow setting size restrictions for decompressed data (CVE-2021-37136)
- netty-codec: SnappyFrameDecoder doesn't restrict chunk length and may buffer skippable chunks in an unnecessary way (CVE-2021-37137)
- Kafka: Timing Attack Vulnerability for Apache Kafka Connect and Clients (CVE-2021-38153)
- log4j-core: remote code execution via JDBC Appender (CVE-2021-44832)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link (you must log in to download the update).
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Text-Only Advisories for MIDDLEWARE 1 x86_64
- BZ - 1985223 - CVE-2021-34429 jetty: crafted URIs allow bypassing security constraints
- BZ - 2004133 - CVE-2021-37136 netty-codec: Bzip2Decoder doesn't allow setting size restrictions for decompressed data
- BZ - 2004135 - CVE-2021-37137 netty-codec: SnappyFrameDecoder doesn't restrict chunk length and may buffer skippable chunks in an unnecessary way
- BZ - 2009041 - CVE-2021-38153 Kafka: Timing Attack Vulnerability for Apache Kafka Connect and Clients
- BZ - 2035951 - CVE-2021-44832 log4j-core: remote code execution via JDBC Appender