RHSA-2022:0043 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Low
An update is now available for OpenShift Logging (5.2.5)
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Low. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Openshift Logging Bug Fix Release (5.2.5)
- log4j-core: DoS in log4j 2.x with Thread Context Map (MDC) input data contains a recursive lookup and context lookup pattern (CVE-2021-45105)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.8 see the following documentation, which will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this errata update:
For Red Hat OpenShift Logging 5.2, see the following instructions to apply this update:
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.8 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 2034067 - CVE-2021-45105 log4j-core: DoS in log4j 2.x with Thread Context Map (MDC) input data contains a recursive lookup and context lookup pattern
- LOG-2073 - The elasticsearch-im-xxx job failed when trying to start index management process for a non-existent(empty-named) index [openshift-logging-5.2]
- LOG-2087 - resourceVersion is overflowing type Integer causing ES rejection
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.8 for RHEL 8