RHSA-2021:5183 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Critical
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform release 4.8.24 is now available with
updates to packages and images that fix several bugs and add enhancements.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is Red Hat's cloud computing
Kubernetes application platform solution designed for on-premise or private
- kube-reporting/hive: Incomplete fix for log4j CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046 (CVE-2021-4125)
- log4j: Remote code execution in Log4j 1.x when application is configured to use JMSAppender (CVE-2021-4104)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.8 see the following documentation, which
will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how
to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this asynchronous errata update:
Details on how to access this content are available at
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.8 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.8 for RHEL 8 ppc64le
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.8 for RHEL 8 s390x
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.8 for RHEL 8
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Power 4.8 for RHEL 8
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for IBM Z and LinuxONE 4.8 for RHEL 8