RHSA-2021:5128 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
An update is now available for OpenShift Logging 5.1.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Openshift Logging Security and Bug Fix Release (5.1.5)
- log4j-core: Remote code execution in Log4j 2.x when logs contain an attacker-controlled string value (CVE-2021-44228)
- netty: Request smuggling via content-length header (CVE-2021-21409)
- netty-codec: Bzip2Decoder doesn't allow setting size restrictions for decompressed data (CVE-2021-37136)
- netty-codec: SnappyFrameDecoder doesn't restrict chunk length and may buffer skippable chunks in an unnecessary way (CVE-2021-37137)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For OpenShift Container Platform 4.8 see the following documentation, which will be updated shortly for this release, for important instructions on how to upgrade your cluster and fully apply this errata update:
For Red Hat OpenShift Logging 5.1, see the following instructions to apply this update:
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.8 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1944888 - CVE-2021-21409 netty: Request smuggling via content-length header
- BZ - 2004133 - CVE-2021-37136 netty-codec: Bzip2Decoder doesn't allow setting size restrictions for decompressed data
- BZ - 2004135 - CVE-2021-37137 netty-codec: SnappyFrameDecoder doesn't restrict chunk length and may buffer skippable chunks in an unnecessary way
- BZ - 2030932 - CVE-2021-44228 log4j-core: Remote code execution in Log4j 2.x when logs contain an attacker-controlled string value
- LOG-1971 - Applying cluster state is causing elasticsearch to hit an issue and become unusable
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.8 for RHEL 8