RHSA-2021:5006 - Security Advisory
Critical: Red Hat Virtualization Host security and bug fix update [ovirt-4.4.9] Async #1
Security Advisory: Critical
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for redhat-release-virtualization-host and redhat-virtualization-host is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
- nss: Memory corruption in decodeECorDsaSignature with DSA signatures (and RSA-PSS) (CVE-2021-43527)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 2024370 - CVE-2021-43527 nss: Memory corruption in decodeECorDsaSignature with DSA signatures (and RSA-PSS)
- BZ - 2029406 - Could not find available upgrade package, when upgrade RHVH to the latest rhvh-126.96.36.199-0.20211202.0+1
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.