RHSA-2021:4750 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Important
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for redhat-release-virtualization-host and redhat-virtualization-host is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host. These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host, ovirt-node, and rhev-hypervisor. Red Hat Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and performing administrative tasks.
- kernel: out-of-bounds write due to a heap buffer overflow in __hidinput_change_resolution_multipliers() of hid-input.c (CVE-2021-0512)
- Ansible: ansible-connection module discloses sensitive info in traceback error message (CVE-2021-3620)
- kernel: Insufficient validation of user-supplied sizes for the MSG_CRYPTO message type (CVE-2021-43267)
- libssh: NULL pointer dereference in sftpserver.c if ssh_buffer_new returns NULL (CVE-2020-16135)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
- Red Hat Virtualization Host now includes packages from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.5. (BZ#1958101)
- Red Hat Virtualization Host now includes packages from RHGS-3.5.z on RHEL-8 Batch #5. (BZ#1975175)
- Red Hat Virtualization Host now includes the packages needed for using Managed Block Devices via cinderlib. (BZ#1983021)
- Red Hat Virtualization Host now includes openvswitch related packages from Fast Data Path 21.G release. (BZ#1998104)
- Previously it was not possible to upgrade RHVH to version 4.4.8 when custom VDSM hooks were installed on RHVH. This was caused by the VDSM hooks dependency on the concrete version of VDSM. The current release allows users to maintain the VDSM dependency manually. In other words, if you want to upgrade from VDSM X.Y.Z to version A.B.C, you must upgrade all VDSM hooks to the same A.B.C version. (BZ#2004469)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- BZ - 1862456 - CVE-2020-16135 libssh: NULL pointer dereference in sftpserver.c if ssh_buffer_new returns NULL
- BZ - 1953685 - The RHVH iso should not always remove the /root/anaconda-ks.cfg file.
- BZ - 1958101 - Rebase RHV-H 4.4.9 on RHEL 8.5
- BZ - 1974491 - CVE-2021-0512 kernel: out-of-bounds write due to a heap buffer overflow in __hidinput_change_resolution_multipliers() of hid-input.c
- BZ - 1975175 - Rebase RHV-H 4.4.9 on RHGS-3.5.z on RHEL-8 Batch #5
- BZ - 1975767 - CVE-2021-3620 Ansible: ansible-connection module discloses sensitive info in traceback error message
- BZ - 1983021 - [cinderlib] Provide cinderlib prerequisites in RHV-H
- BZ - 1998104 - Rebase RHV-H on FDP 21.G
- BZ - 2004469 - [RHV 4.4.8] Unable to upgrade RHVH if vdsm-hook-ethtool-options is installed
- BZ - 2020362 - CVE-2021-43267 kernel: Insufficient validation of user-supplied sizes for the MSG_CRYPTO message type
- BZ - 2024360 - RHV-H sssd-proxy installation fails due to higher versioned packages of sssd-* in repository then RHV 4.4.8 uses.
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 8
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 8