RHSA-2021:4725 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat OpenShift Virtualization release 2.6.8 is now available with updates to packages and images that fix several bugs and add enhancements.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
OpenShift Virtualization is Red Hat's virtualization solution designed for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This advisory contains the following OpenShift Virtualization 2.6.8 images:
- golang: net: incorrect parsing of extraneous zero characters at the beginning of an IP address octet (CVE-2021-29923)
- golang: crypto/tls: certificate of wrong type is causing TLS client to panic (CVE-2021-34558)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Container Native Virtualization 2.6 for RHEL 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Container Native Virtualization 2.6 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1983596 - CVE-2021-34558 golang: crypto/tls: certificate of wrong type is causing TLS client to panic
- BZ - 1992006 - CVE-2021-29923 golang: net: incorrect parsing of extraneous zero characters at the beginning of an IP address octet
- BZ - 1998844 - virt-handler Pod is missing xorrisofs command
- BZ - 2008522 - "unable to execute QEMU agent command 'guest-get-users'" logs in virt-launcher pod every 10 seconds
- BZ - 2010334 - VM is not able to be migrated after failed migration
- BZ - 2012328 - 2.6.8 containers
- BZ - 2013494 - [CNV-2.6.8] VMI is in LiveMigrate loop when Upgrading Cluster from 2.6.7/4.7.32 to OCP 4.8.13
Red Hat Container Native Virtualization 2.6 for RHEL 8
Red Hat Container Native Virtualization 2.6 for RHEL 7