RHSA-2021:4613 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat JBoss Core Services Apache HTTP Server 2.4.37 Service Pack 10 zip release for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, and Microsoft Windows is available.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Red Hat JBoss Core Services is a set of supplementary software for Red Hat JBoss middleware products. This software, such as Apache HTTP Server, is common to multiple JBoss middleware products, and is packaged under Red Hat JBoss Core Services to allow for faster distribution of updates, and for a more consistent update experience.
This release adds the new Apache HTTP Server 2.4.37 Service Pack 10 packages that are part of the JBoss Core Services offering.
This release serves as a replacement for Red Hat JBoss Core Services Apache HTTP Server 2.4.37 Service Pack 9 and includes bug fixes and enhancements. Refer to the Release Notes for information on the most significant bug fixes and enhancements included in this release.
- httpd: Single zero byte stack overflow in mod_auth_digest (CVE-2020-35452)
- httpd: mod_session NULL pointer dereference in parser (CVE-2021-26690)
- httpd: Heap overflow in mod_session (CVE-2021-26691)
- httpd: mod_proxy_wstunnel tunneling of non Upgraded connection (CVE-2019-17567)
- httpd: MergeSlashes regression (CVE-2021-30641)
- httpd: mod_proxy NULL pointer dereference (CVE-2020-13950)
- jbcs-httpd24-openssl: openssl: NULL pointer dereference in X509_issuer_and_serial_hash() (CVE-2021-23841)
- openssl: Read buffer overruns processing ASN.1 strings (CVE-2021-3712)
- openssl: integer overflow in CipherUpdate (CVE-2021-23840)
- pcre: buffer over-read in JIT when UTF is disabled (CVE-2019-20838)
- pcre: integer overflow in libpcre (CVE-2020-14155)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Before applying the update, back up your existing installation, including all applications, configuration files, databases and database settings, and so on.
The References section of this erratum contains a download link for the update. You must be logged in to download the update.
- Red Hat JBoss Core Services Text-Only Advisories x86_64
- BZ - 1848436 - CVE-2020-14155 pcre: Integer overflow when parsing callout numeric arguments
- BZ - 1848444 - CVE-2019-20838 pcre: Buffer over-read in JIT when UTF is disabled and \X or \R has fixed quantifier greater than 1
- BZ - 1930310 - CVE-2021-23841 openssl: NULL pointer dereference in X509_issuer_and_serial_hash()
- BZ - 1930324 - CVE-2021-23840 openssl: integer overflow in CipherUpdate
- BZ - 1966724 - CVE-2020-35452 httpd: Single zero byte stack overflow in mod_auth_digest
- BZ - 1966729 - CVE-2021-26690 httpd: mod_session: NULL pointer dereference when parsing Cookie header
- BZ - 1966732 - CVE-2021-26691 httpd: mod_session: Heap overflow via a crafted SessionHeader value
- BZ - 1966738 - CVE-2020-13950 httpd: mod_proxy NULL pointer dereference
- BZ - 1966740 - CVE-2019-17567 httpd: mod_proxy_wstunnel tunneling of non Upgraded connection
- BZ - 1966743 - CVE-2021-30641 httpd: Unexpected URL matching with 'MergeSlashes OFF'
- BZ - 1995634 - CVE-2021-3712 openssl: Read buffer overruns processing ASN.1 strings
Red Hat JBoss Core Services Text-Only Advisories