RHSA-2021:4582 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Release of components for the Service Telemetry Framework
Service Telemetry Framework (STF) provides automated collection of measurements and data from remote clients, such as Red Hat OpenStack Platform or third-party nodes. STF then transmits the information to a centralized, receiving Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) deployment for storage, retrieval, and monitoring.
- golang: crypto/tls: certificate of wrong type is causing TLS client to panic (CVE-2021-34558)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
- STF 1.3.3 now supports OpenShift Container Platform 4.8 as an installation platform. (BZ#2013268)
- With this update, the servicetelemetrys.infra.watch CRD has a validation that limits the clouds.name to 10 characters and alphanumeric to avoid issues with extra characters in the cloud name and names being too long. (BZ#2011603)
- Previously, when you installed STF without having Elastic Cloud on Kubernetes (ECK) Operator installed, the following error message was returned: "Failed to find exact match for elasticsearch.k8s.elastic.co/v1beta1.Elasticsearch". The error was as a result of Service Telemetry Operator trying to look up information from a non-existent API interface.
With this update, the Service Telemetry Operator verifies that the API exists before it attempts to make requests to the API interface that is provided by ECK. (BZ#1959166)
The Service Telemetry Framework container image provided by this update can be downloaded from the Red Hat Container Registry at registry.access.redhat.com. Installation instructions for your platform are available at Red Hat Container Catalog. See References.
Dockerfiles and scripts should be amended either to refer to this new image specifically, or to the latest image generally.
- Red Hat Service Telemetry Framework 1.3 x86_64
- BZ - 1959166 - Service Telemetry Operator can error out if ElasticSearch (ECK) CRD is not installed
- BZ - 1983596 - CVE-2021-34558 golang: crypto/tls: certificate of wrong type is causing TLS client to panic
- BZ - 2011603 - STF multi-cloud setup misinterprets name if a "-" is being used
- BZ - 2013268 - [RFE] Support STF 1.3 on OCP 4.8