RHSA-2021:4198 - Security Advisory
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for edk2 is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
EDK (Embedded Development Kit) is a project to enable UEFI support for Virtual Machines. This package contains a sample 64-bit UEFI firmware for QEMU and KVM.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version: edk2 (20210527gite1999b264f1f). (BZ#1846481, BZ#1938238)
- openssl: integer overflow in CipherUpdate (CVE-2021-23840)
- openssl: NULL pointer dereference in X509_issuer_and_serial_hash() (CVE-2021-23841)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.5 Release Notes linked from the References section.
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for ARM 64 8 aarch64
- BZ - 1930310 - CVE-2021-23841 openssl: NULL pointer dereference in X509_issuer_and_serial_hash()
- BZ - 1930324 - CVE-2021-23840 openssl: integer overflow in CipherUpdate
- BZ - 1937564 - [RFE] support VCPU hot unplug in OVMF/edk2
- BZ - 1938238 - rebase edk2 to edk2-stable202105 for RHEL-8.5
- BZ - 1938257 - refresh OpenSSL bundled with edk2 for RHEL-8.5
- BZ - 1956837 - Additional build of edk2 without SMM (dual build / sub-package) for SEV-ES
- BZ - 1988762 - edk2 does not ignore PMBR protective record BootIndicator as required by UEFI spec
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 8
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for ARM 64 8