RHSA-2021:3943 - Security Advisory
Moderate: RHV-H security update (redhat-virtualization-host) 4.3.19
Security Advisory: Moderate
Red Hat Insights patch analysis
Identify and remediate systems affected by this advisory.
An update for redhat-release-virtualization-host and redhat-virtualization-host is now available for Red Hat Virtualization 4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The redhat-virtualization-host packages provide the Red Hat Virtualization Host.
These packages include redhat-release-virtualization-host. Red Hat
Virtualization Hosts (RHVH) are installed using a special build of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux with only the packages required to host virtual machines. RHVH features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host's resources and
performing administrative tasks.
- kernel: Improper handling of VM_IO|VM_PFNMAP vmas in KVM can bypass RO checks (CVE-2021-22543)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
- Red Hat Virtualization Host has been rebased on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.9 Batch #9. (BZ#2010171)
For details on how to apply this update, which includes the changes described in this advisory, refer to:
- Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 7 x86_64
- BZ - 1965461 - CVE-2021-22543 kernel: Improper handling of VM_IO|VM_PFNMAP vmas in KVM can bypass RO checks
- BZ - 2010171 - Rebase RHV-H on RHEL 7.9 Batch 9
Red Hat Virtualization 4 for RHEL 7
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4 for RHEL 7
The Red Hat security contact is firstname.lastname@example.org. More contact details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/.